SHINE M12 X Coded Connectors | China Top Manufacturer
M12 X coded connector is 8-pin M12 connector , it’s also called M12 Ethernet connector, had been widely used for 10Gbps industrial etherent . The X coded M12 connector has a unique coding mechanism that prevents cross-mating with other M12 connectors . The M12 X-code connector will be connected four pairs of wires(ethernet cable) that are twisted to minimize crosstalk and provide better noise immunity. X-coded M12 connectors include following types:
- Both end X-coded M12 ethernet cable – both end M12 connector, or one end M12 X-coded, the other end with RJ45 connector
- One end M12 X coded cable – One end with M12 male or female connector, could be straight or 90 degree angled, the other end open, customized length
- Field wireable M12 X coded connector – Zinc alloy shell, male is crimp termination, female is solder termination, straight or right angled shape
- M12 X coded bulkhead connector – mainly is female, back panel mount, THR, THD, SMD types, X coded M12 ethernet bulkhead cable(M12 to RJ45)
- X-coded 8-pin M12 to RJ45 adapter : Back panel mount, used to connector RJ45 cable inside the equipment
M12 X code connector from different manufacturers such Binder , Murr , Turck , Phoenix , BELDEN, CAZN are compatible with each other . The following content is about the different types of M12 X-code connectors.
Both End X-coded M12 Ethernet Cable-M12 To RJ45 Ethernet Cable
Both end M12 X-coded cable has been widely used in industrial automation, industrial cameras, and industrial Ethernet, one end is molded male or female X-code 8 pin M12 connector or panel mount female M12 X code connector, the other end RJ45 connector(can also be X-code M12 connector) .The X-coded both end M12 cable have following characteristics:
- Cable type : PVC or PUR jacket, drag-chain cable which also called robot cable, moving cable, towline cable is available
- Cable length : 1M, 2M, 3M, 5M or customized
- Cable color : black, blue, green
- Ethernet cable category : CAT5E, CAT6, CAT6A
- M12 connector : overmolded male or female, straight and right angled, panel mount female
One end M12 X-Coded Cable
It has similar characteristics as the both end M12 ethernet cables, just only one end, the other end is open. Female moulded M12 X-coded cable is available.
Field Wireable M12 X Coded Connector
In some automation field maintenance scenarios, sometimes it’s necessary to perform emergency maintenance on industrial Ethernet. Then, if there is a field wireable M12 X coded connetor , the problem can be solved quickly, and can adjust the cable length accrod to project requirement. There are still some projects that need to be installed in a very short time, then X coded M12 field wireable connector will be a better choice.
- Termination : male connector is crimp termination, female connector is solder termination
- Shape : Straight or right angled
- Gender : Male and female
- Shielding performance : shielded
Purchase notes :
- Crimp termination need special tools
- Please pay attention to the cable diameter, cable size too small or big will not have good waterproof performance
M12 X Coded Bulkhead Connector
It’s also called panel mount M12 X-code ethernet connector, have following types:
- Shielded bulkhead connector : solder termination, with a shielded tube, prewired or customer can make the cable installation
- PCB mount straight type : also called THD, through hole device, back panel mount, female, M16x1.5mm locking thread
- PCB mount right angled type : the insulator and the shell could be mounted seperately, through hole PCB mount
- SMD type : surface mount, front or back mount, shell and insulator could be mount seperately
- THR type : through hole reflow soldering, similar as SMD connector, but have mounting hole
M12 X Coded To RJ45 Adapter
In some applications, it is necessary to convert M12 X coded connector to RJ45 connector. This X coded M12 to RJ45 M12 splitter is usually panel mount, with straight type and right angle type, the M12 connector is external of the equipment/bulkhead, and female RJ45 is inside the equipment/bulkhead to connect a male RJ45 cable.
Straight M12 D Code To RJ45
Right Angle M12 D Coded To RJ45 Adapter
Didn’t find the M12 X coded connector ?
Contact our sales consultant right now
Do you know these key words for 8-pin X coded M12 to RJ45 Ethernet cable ?
In order to better understand and choose M12 X-coded ethernet cable, you need to understand the meaning of the following keywords.
Know More M12 Connector Knowledge
You May Also Interest In
M12 X-Coded Ethernet Pinout
The M12 X-coded to RJ45 Ethernet pinout is a wiring configuration used to connect an M12 X-coded Ethernet connector to an RJ45 Ethernet connector. This type of wiring is commonly used in industrial environments where M12 X-coded connectors are used for Ethernet connections but equipment is also compatible with RJ45 connectors. For different application the customer may have different pinout, we can customized the pinout according to the requirement.
Application Of M12 X-Coded Ethernet Connector
The M12 X-coded connector is a rugged and reliable connector that is designed to support high-speed communication in industrial automation and control applications. Its compact size and durability make it an ideal choice for use in harsh environments where space is at a premium
#1 Factory automation
The M12 X-coded connector is used in factory automation systems to connect sensors, actuators, and other devices. It enables high-speed communication between these devices, which is essential for real-time control and monitoring.
The M12 X-coded connector can be used in robotics applications to connect the various sensors, cameras, and other components that are used in robotic systems. It enables high-speed communication between these components, which is essential for accurate and reliable operation.
#3 Machine vision systems
The M12 X-coded connector is used in machine vision systems to connect cameras and other imaging devices. It enables high-speed data transfer, which is essential for real-time image processing and analysis.